Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Favorites

Cafe Orleans is my absolute FAVORITE place to eat thus far in my journey to eat everywhere in the Disneyland Resort. These are the things I enjoyed most about Cafe Orleans.
  1. Pommes Frites - these things are delicious! I think it was probably my favorite part of my meal. It comes as a fairly large serving, so I recommend sharing this appetizer! Basically it's French fries covered in Parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley and is served with a Cajun spice remoulade. I have a high tolerance of spicy, so to me it wasn't spicy-- it was just the right amount to compliment the garlic. I will order these every time!
  2. Mardi Gras Chicken Sandwich - It's essentially blackened chicken breast with Cajun spices and an avocado relish on a warm roll. I'm not a huge fan of avocado, but the combination was delicious! It's also served with a mixed green salad. I was so full from eating the entire basket of pommes frites by myself that I only finished half, but when I ate it 3 hours later it was just as good as the first half was. I highly recommend this sandwich if you don't want something as heavy as the Monte Cristo or something as light as a salad.
  3. Quick service - I didn't have a reservation and I was by myself. I was immediately sat and the server was kind and attentive. She also asked me if I had an annual pass (which I do) so that she could give me the discount. I heard her ask the other two tables around me as well and it was nice of her to sort of remind us passholders that we get little perks. Sometimes I forget to ask!
  4. Atmosphere/Location - Sure, it's not the Blue Bayou, but it's in a central location, and the New Orleans Square itself is a very beautifully decorated and heavily detailed land. I also like that I can sit outside and people watch.
The next time I eat here at Cafe Orleans I'm going to try the infamous Monte Cristo and the Chicken Gumbo crepes. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to dessert and get to try the beignets!

Check out the rest of the Cafe Orleans menu here.

Have a Magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your freedom of speech.