Sunday, February 27, 2011
The Penny Arcade is located on Main Street U.S.A. in Disneyland Park. It allows you to step back in time for simple family fun. The Penny Arcade is the home to penny candies, old-fashioned penny arcade games, saltwater taffy, and a variety of "pressed penny" souvenir machines. Tip: for 25 cents you can get your fortune read by Esmeralda. The card makes a nice souvenir!
Photo credit to arleney
Saturday, February 26, 2011
The Animation Academy is a 15-minute session with a Disney animator who teaches guests to draw a Disney character, such as Mickey Mouse or Pooh. Paper and pencils are provided, and guests may take their artwork home. You can even ask the artist at the end if you can have their 'perfect' drawing to take home with you as well!
Photo credit to aeronerd
A is also for: Adventureland, Aladdin's Oasis, Alice in Wonderland, Astro Orbitor, Autopia, Ariel's Grotto Princess Celebration, Award Wieners, A Bug's Land, autograph(s)
Friday, February 25, 2011
Cafe Orleans is my absolute FAVORITE place to eat thus far in my journey to eat everywhere in the Disneyland Resort. These are the things I enjoyed most about Cafe Orleans.
- Pommes Frites - these things are delicious! I think it was probably my favorite part of my meal. It comes as a fairly large serving, so I recommend sharing this appetizer! Basically it's French fries covered in Parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley and is served with a Cajun spice remoulade. I have a high tolerance of spicy, so to me it wasn't spicy-- it was just the right amount to compliment the garlic. I will order these every time!
- Mardi Gras Chicken Sandwich - It's essentially blackened chicken breast with Cajun spices and an avocado relish on a warm roll. I'm not a huge fan of avocado, but the combination was delicious! It's also served with a mixed green salad. I was so full from eating the entire basket of pommes frites by myself that I only finished half, but when I ate it 3 hours later it was just as good as the first half was. I highly recommend this sandwich if you don't want something as heavy as the Monte Cristo or something as light as a salad.
- Quick service - I didn't have a reservation and I was by myself. I was immediately sat and the server was kind and attentive. She also asked me if I had an annual pass (which I do) so that she could give me the discount. I heard her ask the other two tables around me as well and it was nice of her to sort of remind us passholders that we get little perks. Sometimes I forget to ask!
- Atmosphere/Location - Sure, it's not the Blue Bayou, but it's in a central location, and the New Orleans Square itself is a very beautifully decorated and heavily detailed land. I also like that I can sit outside and people watch.
The next time I eat here at Cafe Orleans I'm going to try the infamous Monte Cristo and the Chicken Gumbo crepes. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to dessert and get to try the beignets!
Check out the rest of the Cafe Orleans menu here.
Have a Magical day!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
- Eat at Club 33
- Ride in the Lilly Belle on the Disneyland Railroad
- Ride every single ride
- Ride all three of the Main Street Vehicles
- Become a Disneyland Honorary Citizen
- Complete my villains Vinylmation set
- Participate in the Disney Half-Marathon in September
- Attend Mickey's Halloween Party
- Attend the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 premiere
- Obtain a D23 membership
- Attend the AP preview for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Attend the AP preview for Star Tours: The Adventure Continues
- Ride the Columbia
- Get higher than a beaver on Toy Story Midway Mania!
- See the Candlelight Processional
- Eat at all five character breakfasts: Goofy's Kitchen, Surf's Up Breakfast with Mickey & Friends, Ariel's Grotto--Princess Breakfast, Minnie & Friends at Plaza Inn, Chip n' Dale Critter Breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe
- Stay at The Disneyland Hotel
- Stay at the Grand Californian
- Ride in the Captain's Box on the Mark Twain
- Visit the Dream Suite in New Orleans Square
- Visit Walt's apartment on top of the firehouse on Main Street
- Attend at least one day of the D23 Expo
- Participate in one of the tours
- Visit Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store
- Eat at Celebration BBQ