Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Be Prepared

So I've been attempting to start getting stuff ready before I arrive down in Florida on August 9th. Knowing me, a last minute kind of gal, I'll forget something in the hub-bub and excitement of the car trip down! I also need to start now because I a) have three jobs that keep me very occupied and b) this summer will be a whirlwind! So, in the words of Scar, I would like to "be prepared."

I am starting a workout regiment. I would like to lose 30 pounds before I get to Disney-- in reality, I probably could only lose 15-20. Technically I'm not 'big' but that last 10 lbs is going to be toning. I don't know if I have that kind of time. So the sooner I start this, the more likely it is to succeed?

I also need to start getting my car in tip-top shape for the almost 17 hour drive. My plan is to drive to my dad's house in Pikesville, MD to say goodbye. After that I'm going to pick up my mom who is flying in from San Diego at the Baltimore/Washington International Airport. From there we will make our drive down to Florida, perhaps staying at some other relatives houses instead of paying for a hotel. Alyssa B and her mom (and possibly an entire posse) will be caravanning with us. Anywho, I just got my car inspected so I have a new ball joint (whatever that is), tire (I'm probably going to buy three more, might as well right?), battery, got an alignment, and an oil change, though I'm going to need a new one by August. I'd rather have as much of this stuff out of the way so I'm not scrambling down in Florida. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Sunspree which is .7 miles from Vista Way, so anyone else staying there-- CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! Also, if you are a 08/09/2010 arrival or someone who is in the DCP and just wants to meet all of us newbies, we're having a Meet & Greet dinner at the Pop Century Resort at 6:00pm. Check out the facebook group specifically for the dinner for changes!

Some things going down this summer: I'm heading back to California for a visit. I'll be there from June 22nd-July 4th. I'm telling you know I probably won't be blogging at ALL during that time, because I will be too busy hanging out with my dearest friends whom I've missed oh so much. Also during my stay, a Disneyland WDWCP Fall 2010 meet and greet is in the works, so I'll be attending that, as well as the Electric Daisy Carnival with my bestest friend Sami! Hopefully (sheesh this is a lot of money!) Alyssa and I will be attending the Lady Gaga concert in Boston. We're both broke as a joke at the moment, so we'll see how that turns out!

I still have tons of clothes and things to buy. This is worrying me. I need to really start to save my money for practice for Florida. I've also been 'practice grocery shopping'. I really want to learn how to cook before the DCP, but I know realistically I am lazy and will be better off just eating my taquitos, Hot Pockets, and Pizza Rolls. So I spent $66 tonight on: Hot (Lean) pockets (5 for $10), sandwich meat (3 for $10 which you can freeze so it doesn't spoil), cheese, egg whites, Hot Cheetos, cereal, soy milk, organic cookies, Crystal Light packets (3 different kinds), 3 Kids Cuisine tv dinners, orange juice, pita bread, english muffins, whole wheat bread, apple wedges, Amy's organic mac 'n cheese, jello pudding, and string cheese-- all of which are considerably healthy. I figure if I take out things like milk, orange juice, bread, and sandwich meat, aka things we could share as a household, my budget is on track and I know I could live off of this for a month/month and a half. I'm trying out new things so I can see what I will eat instead of waiting until I get down to FL and waste my money throwing out things I won't eat/don't like.

Now for today's IN THE SPOTLIGHT!
MRS. NESBITT!
Yes, I know that technically it's Buzz Lightyear. However, Buzz is much more appealing to me with a pink apron and sun hat on. Apparently, Mrs. Nesbit was the name of one of Pete Docter's (writer/lead animator) grade school teachers. Interesting.

Woody: What happened to you?
Buzz: One minute you're defending the whole galaxy, and, suddenly, you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with... Marie Antoinette and her little sister.
Woody: Let's get you out of here Buzz...
Buzz: Don't you get it? You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!
Woody: Snap out of it, Buzz!
Buzz: I-I-I... you're right. I'm sorry, I am just a little depressed, that's all. I can get through this.


Have a Magical Day!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog layout :)

    I'm so excited for WDWCP Fall 2010! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I really enjoy your blog layout too! I'm a Fall 08/09'er as well! you're lucky to be driving down from up here (I'm a Marylander!), my dad is insisting that I fly, he doesn't want me to have the freedom of a car...
    103 days :)

    ReplyDelete

Exercise your freedom of speech.