Saturday, April 24, 2010

Slimey, Yet Satisfying...

So, I've fallen into this horrible habit called 'not posting regularly'. And I'm not going to make up some excuse like "oh I've been busy" yada-yada-yada because even though I have, I have still had time to blog, just couldn't think of anything. Then it turned into "eh whatever". So sorry. So let's begin again.

My name is Jazmine and this is my blog about my experience on the Walt Disney College Program, Fall 2010 as a Merchandise Cast Member...

Ookay, maybe not that far.

Because I haven't been doing my research on DHS (which I will get to, I promise), I thought I would post about someone who has been an inspiration and source of wisdom to me ever since I was little. For this coming week I will be posting about all things Disney that have made an impact on my life, with a new segment at the [most magical place on earth] entitled: IN THE SPOTLIGHT. I feel that today's SPOTLIGHT doesn't get a lot of credit since his time was cut so short. No, it's not Walt Disney. It's...

Mufasa, Mufasa Mufasa!
''Oh it tingles me!" That's right, Mufasa. After re-watching the Lion King for probably the 9238326 time, I noticed certain things that I hadn't before. I think 99% of children watching this back in the day were DEVASTATED when Mufasa fell to his death. And if I just ruined that for you, good, because there is no excuse to why you shouldn't already know that.

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more that what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of Life. Remember who you are. You are my son, and the one true king. Remember."

"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past are up there, watching over us

Mufasa: "Simba I'm very disappointed in you."
Simba: "I know."
Mufasa: "You could have been killed! You deliberately disobeyed me! And what's worse, you put Nala in danger!"
Simba: "I was just trying to be brave like you."
Mufasa: "I'm only brave when I have to be. Simba, being brave, doesn't mean you go looking for trouble."
Simba: "But you're not scared of anything!"
Mufasa: "I was today. I thought I might lose you."
Simba: "I guess even kings get scared, huh? But you know what?"
Mufasa: "What?"
Simba: "I think those hyenas were even scareder."
Mufasa: "'Cause nobody messes with your dad!"

"A king's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king."

Mufasa: "Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all of the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope."
Simba: "But Dad, don't we eat the antelope?"
Mufasa: "Yes Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connected in the great Circle of Life.



Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your freedom of speech.