Ok, so I saw this list on Emily's blog, MAGIC MAGIC MOUSEKATEER of Disney movies. I am hoping to complete this list by July 31 (btw that's Harry Potter's birthday :]... anywho) because I'm still not sure when I'm driving down-- and I want to have it done before I go down to Disney. SO, I decided to start off with Dumbo. I've never seen this movie. I know. Ridiculous right? It never looked interesting to me. Boy was I WRONG. Dumbo is awesome. I loved it.
- Jumbo Jr. aka Dumbo is such a loveable character! I loved every second of face time he got. When he would hold Timothy Mouse's tail... or his mother's tail.. he's just so darling!
- Timothy Q. Mouse-- such a good friend! Stands by him and gets him to believe in himself!
- Mrs. Jumbo. The love she had for her son was just darling. She was so adorable in her little bonnet. I was SO incredibly sad when she was locked away and Dumbo and Timothy came to see her and all she could do was rock him with her trunk.
- The strange but highly entertaining acid trip known as "Pink Elephants on Parade".
- "Casey Jr.'s coming down the track, coming down the track, with a smokey stack..."
- I had a slight problem with the blatantly racist remarks involving the crows. I understood quite clearly as one was named 'Jim'... Jim + crow = reference to the Jim Crow laws from the South back in the day. No bueno Disney.
- Not really a con, but I couldn't STAND the other elephants and how rude they were about Mrs. Jumbo and Dumbo!
- It's too short. The ending was so abrupt! I was like "WHAAA? It's over?!"
The whole time I just wanted to comfort him and be his friend! I'm definitely adding Dumbo to my list of favorite movies. It's truly a movie I will never forget! When I get down to Disney I will be buying a good amount of Dumbo merchandise.
The next movie in line is The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea.
Never seen that one either. Perhaps I'll do a vlog review? We'll see.
Have a Magical Day!