Thursday, March 25, 2010

You Are the Music in Me

Disney movies have this uncanny power to make me want to dance. All of the time. The tunes are always so catchy, the lyrics-- so meaningful. I mean, how do they do it? Well, however they do it, they've got me hooked. This a list of my top ten movies with best score. For me, the music these movies have play a large part on why I like the movie. Sure, you have a kick-ass villain and a great plot. But seriously, it's those Disney jams that keep me watching these movies over and over! This is kinda along the lines of what awesome Josh did on his blog, so enjoy!


Ten. Oliver & Company
I love this movie. Once Upon a Time in New York City and Perfect Isn't Easy are very well-placed in the storyline, but it's Why Should I Worry that allows Oliver & Co. to clench the last spot on this list.


Nine. Beauty and the Beast
Belle, Gaston, Beauty and the Beast, Something There... even the sad music in the beginning stain glass window scenes are all great. It's really Be Out Guest that has won me over though.


Eight. High School Musical 2
I'm embarrassed to even have this movie on my list, but I just can't help how amazingly catch every song on this soundtrack is! Bet On It, Work This Out, Gotta Go My Own Way, and All For One are the jams of this movie. You Are the Music In Me and I Don't Dance aren't half bad either. I know the entire 'routine' to Bet On It, half of the moves to All For One and I'm hoping I can get down the dance to Work This Out. Yes I'm weird.


Seven. The Brave Little Toaster
I rock out to these songs DAILY. Everyone says this movie is so unappreciated because it lacks the amazing music that Disney classics have. Well, the heck with those nay sayers! It's a B-Movie, Worthless, City of Light, and The Cutting Edge are all GREAT. "I worked on a reservation- Who would believe they would love me and leave on a bus back to Old Santa Fe?"


Six. Aladdin/The Return of Jafar/Aladdin & the King of Thieves
I couldn't separate these since I like all of the music from here equally. Obviously the first one has the greats: A Whole New World, Prince Ali, Friend Like Me, and One Jump Ahead-- but Forget About Love, Out of Thin Air, Party Here in Agrabah, and Jafar's You're Only Second Rate are awesome too.


Five. Pocahontas
I sing Pocahontas randomly 24/7. Colors of the Wind, Just Around the River Bend, Steady As the Beating Drum, and Listen With Your Heart are great songs; my favorites are If I Never Knew You and Savages. "I thought our love would be so beautiful, some how we'd make the whole world bright..."


Four. Hercules
I love me some powerful black vocals! (: The Gospel Truth (I, II, and III), I Won't Say I'm in Love, and Zero to Hero are written amazingly. A Star Is Born, Go the Distance, and One Last Hope round out the movie nicely! "Who put the glad in gladiator? HERCULEEEESSSSS!" Hercules just has those songs that make you happy when you're in a funk!



Three. The Little Mermaid
Seriously I have no idea where I'd be without this movie's songs. Under the Sea has got to be one of my all-time favorites. I even have a dance to it. Who doesn't love Part of Your World? Les Poissons and Daughters of Triton crack me up. Kiss the Girl and Poor Unfortunate Souls have to be in my top as well. The background music is beautiful!


Two. The Lion King/The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
Everyone knows The Lion King is awesome but part II is so forgotten about. He Lives In You and Not One of Us are PHENOMENAL. Upendi and Love Will Find a Way aren't bad either. Every song on the original Lion King is good... except that newly added "Morning Report"... yeah that could go. The background music for this is just as powerful as the lead songs, especially the music playing at the end roar when Simba reclaims his throne!

One. The Goofy Movie
Eye to Eye is honestly the best song ever made. No joke. Stand Out, On the Open Road, and After Today are great-- heck, even Lester's Possum Park theme song is great! My least favorite would have to be Nobody Else But You but Eye to Eye's awesomeness cancels that out. "Baby we're seeing it... Eye to Eye... for the first tiiiiiiimmmeeeeee!" Powerline rules. End of story.



Have a Magical Day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out JP. I agree with most of your list. I don't, however, agree with HSM 2. I haven't seen any of the HSM movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I know.. It embarrasses me that I've even seen it. But that's what having a little sister does to you ... not proud, not proud. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yup, all the movies on your list are awesomeee :] btw, i LOVE your page. It's so cute :] haha

    ReplyDelete

Exercise your freedom of speech.