Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, it's off to work we go...

I decided to put in a few requests of my own. At first glance, I figured I'd want to work at Animal Kingdom the most, followed by Disney's Hollywood Studios. I didn't want to work at Magic Kingdom simply because I knew the hours were atrocious, and EPCOT didn't have any stores that appealed to me. Now that I've thoroughly done my research on the merchandise locations on Disney property, I've truly figured out the places I can see myself enjoying and having a blast at, places I thought originally I would like, and some I never thought I'd like that look very promising. So here we go, my top whatever dream locations as a Merchandise CM!

Places I DO NOT want to work:
  • Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach; I'd rather not work at a water park... it's a lot harder to make magical moments happen here.
  • Downtown Disney; Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy Downtown Disney. However, it lacks the 'magic' the parks have... must be the McDonald's that throws it off...
  • Disney Resorts; Although I'm sure I'd get tons of guest interaction, I don't know if I could handle a resort being the backdrop of my work 24/7. At least at the parks I'd get to hear a parade, fireworks, etc.
  • stand-alone carts at Animal Kingdom; It always seems 100 degrees hotter at Animal Kingdom and just the thought of standing out in the desert heat with no A/C gives me the willies.
Places where it wouldn't be the end of the world working:
  • Mousegears [Future World, EPCOT]
  • The Emporium [Main Street U.S.A., MK]
  • Agrabah Bazaar [Adventureland, MK]
  • Pirates Bazaar [Adventureland, MK]
  • Frontier Trading Post [Frontierland, MK]
  • Briar Patch [Frontierland, MK]
  • The Dark Room [Hollywood Blvd., DHS]
  • Cover Story [Hollywood Blvd., DHS]
  • Sorcerer Hat Shop [Sorcerer Hat]
  • Animation Courtyard Shops [Animation Courtyard, DHS]
  • Mickey's of Hollywood [Hollywood Blvd., DHS]
  • Disney Outfitters [Discovery Island, AK]
  • Islands Mercantile [Discovery Island, AK]
  • The Outpost Shop [Outside the turnstiles, AK]
Places I WOULD LOVE to work:
  • The Writer's Stop [Streets of America, DHS]
  • Villains in Vogue [Sunset Blvd., DHS]
  • Tinker Bell's Treasures [Fantasyland, MK]
  • The Chapeau [Main Street U.S.A., MK]
  • Sir Mickey's [Fantasyland, MK]
  • Main Street Confectionary [Main Street U.S.A., MK]
  • Sweet Spells [Sunset Blvd., DHS]
  • In Character [Animation Courtyard, DHS]
  • Fantasy Faire [Fantasyland, MK]
  • Stage 1 Co. Store [Streets of America, DHS]
  • Studio Store [Animation Courtyard, DHS]
  • glow carts at any of the parks.

5 comments:

  1. luckily for you they're closing the mcdonalds in april!

    at least, i think it's the DTD mcD's they're closing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha woohoo! Thanks Abby for letting me know this. I hope it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working glow is SO much fun! Especially getting to walk in front of the parades. I'm sad that its part of Merch at WDW, because at DLR it was part of ODV, which is basically the QSFB carts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I'm really looking forward to! I don't care where I'm doing glow, I just want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having sword fights with little kids is the best! People tend to steal a lot from Glow though, which kind of sucks. It's so hard to keep track of all your merch AND interact with guests. Especially at night!

    ReplyDelete

Exercise your freedom of speech.