Saturday, February 20, 2010

Once Upon a Dream...

Quick Update! -- Or not so quick…
Still waiting for my purple email. However, my awesome friend Alyssa received her email for Quick Service Food and Beverage for Fall 2010! Congradulations to her and everyone else who’s been accepted into the program!

Meanwhile I’ve been trying to piece together a pattern with the acceptances. The top three roles people have been getting accepted into are Merchandise, Attractions, and Quick-Service Food and Beverage (QSFB). There have been a couple of people getting Full-Service Food and Beverage (FSFB), and a very few amount of the other roles, such as Concierge, Custodial, BBB Hostess, and Vacation Planners. This, along with the different recruiters and locations of people, I have come up with this theory: A person’s acceptance letter is based on the role they get, the region they live in, the date they interviewed on, and the person that interviewed them. So far no one from my interview date--February 9th-- has gotten accepted. I’ll take this as a good sign for now!

I also had my first Disney purple dream. I dreamed I opened up my email and kept getting all these ones from Disney Recruiting that had headlines like ‘About Housing’, ‘Choosing a Work Location’, etc. but none of them said anything about acceptance. I kept getting more and more until finally I saw one that said ‘Your Invitation’. I opened it and the date said February 20th… mind you I am horrible with dates let alone remember what date it was in my dream… and it said I was accepted for the role of Merchandise. I hope this dream means my purple email is coming soon! I’m just so anxious and could use the pick me up!

Here’s today's I REMEMBER THAT!

The Color of Friendship is a 2000 Disney Channel Original Movie based on actual events about the friendship between two girls; Mahree & Piper, one from the United States and the other from apartheid South Africa, who learn about tolerance and friendship. If you watched the Disney Channel at all you’ve seen this movie. Thanks to Disney, we see a well-off African American family which surprises Mahree since from her country, blacks are still slaves. It’s a good movie with a great message that teaches a little history as well. It’s amazing yet frightening that life was really like this in South Africa-- years after America had already given blacks equal rights.






I won’t be posting another blog until I get my purple email since if I don’t get in it won’t seem like such an epic fail. In the meantime, leave me some questions at formspring.me and I will get back to you!

That's all for now, time to finish watching Pocahontas.
Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exercise your freedom of speech.